Over 1200 calls per year
Manned with (29) part-time staff members
Station manned 24/7 365 days a year
Currently contracted to provide coverage for Perry Richland Township.
Services We Offer:
- Fire Suppression
- Basic and Advanced Life Support
- Rescue and Extrication
- Hazardous Materials Spill Mitigation
- Home Inspections for Foster Care, Adoption, and Day Care
Information on Ohio Fire Code Open Burning can be found by clicking this link: http://www.epa.ohio.gov/dapc/general/openburning.aspx
Keep yourself and others safe by keeping informed. The Ohio Fire Marshal site has information about fire prevention and safety. You can visit their site at http://com.ohio.gov/fire
Use common sense when burning outdoors. Before burning anything, consider the following:
It is illegal to burn material
- within the boundaries of any municipal corporation.
- within 1,000 feet of a municipal corporation with 1,000 to 10,000 residents
- within one mile of a municipal corporation with more than 10,000 residents
- in unincorporated areas between 6 am and 6pm during March, April, May, October and November ( an ODNR requirement to prevent spring and fall wildfires)
Brush, tree trimmings and leaves may be burned only on the property where thy originated and if the burn site meets the boundary requirements. People responsible for the fire must ensure that the fire is located at a point on the premises no less than 1,000 feet from any inhabited building not located on the property. Garbage (food waste), dead animals and materials containing rubber, grease or petroleum (such as tires and plastics) cannot be burned anywhere. Communication with a neighbor that is burning can sometimes eliminate the need for the fire department to intercede. As always, adhere to the Ohio EPA.
High Visibility Address Signs
Troy Township Firefighters Association makes high visibility address signs available.
These signs make locating an address much easier in the event of a daytime or night time emergency.
The signs are green with 3″ white reflective numbers on both sides and
can be made to mount horizontally or vertically.
Signs can be purchased at the fire station for $18.00.